Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Rosetta Stone is the fastest way to learn a language and has been the #1 foreign language curriculum among homeschoolers for a while — and you can WIN the *all new* version 3 Rosetta Stone Homeschool LATIN program… FOR FREE! This is the first year you can get Latin in the brand new Version III update.
This is a $259 program (and believe me it’s worth every penny!)
This is a computer based curriculum and Rosetta Stone will also include a headset with microphone, and a supplementary “Audio Companion” CD so you can practice lessons in the car, on the go, or where-ever! Students participate in life-like conversations and actually produce language to advance through the program. Rosetta Stone incorporates listening, reading, grammar, vocabulary and writing along with speaking and pronunciation lessons. For parents, the new Parent Administrative Tools are integrated into the program to allow parents to easily enroll up to ten students in any of 12 predetermined lesson plans, monitor student progress, grade completed work (the program grades the work automatically as the students progress- I love that!), and you can view and print reports for transcripts. Homeschooling a lot of kids at your house? This program is designed to enroll and track up to ten students (five users on two computers) and will work for nearly all ages — from beginning readers up to college students.
To win this most excellent Latin program copy these paragraphs and post them in (or as) your next blog post, and/OR link to the contest from your facebook page and/OR email the information to your homeschool support group – Then go to the original page http://Jeneralities.com and leave a comment saying that you’ve posted about, or have linked to, the contest. Please make sure the link works to get back to the original contest page when you post. And good luck!
I've heard that Rosetta Stone is an amazing way to learn another language. I've never been able to afford it, but I do intend on teaching my children Latin first, and this would be a perfect way to get the curriculum.....
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
A Thrifty Mom has a great list of this week's Albertsons Sales with coupon matchups! Make sure to check out her blog! It's one of my favorites!!
Unilever Catalina Promo:
Buy $15 in participating items Get a $5 Catalina.
(Participating Products Listed: Degree, Q-Tips, SlimFast, Vaseline, Caress, Suave, Dove, Lever 200)
(Small print on promo ad: "Coupon will print at checkstand. Limit 1 offer per customer. See coupon for exclusions and limitations. See store for details. Offer valid 5/13-5/19) (THIS Unilever promo wasn't listed at A Thrifty Mom. I'm not sure if this promo is working in her region of the U.S., but it is working in the So Cal area!)
SlimFast Meal on the Go: 2/$12
-$1/1Q in 4/5UN
Suave Shampoo/Conditioner: $1.69
-$1/2Q in 3/1RP -or- 3/29RP
-$1.75/3Q in 3/1RP
Degree/Dove Deoderant: 2/$5
-$1/25/1Q Dove Fresh in 3/15RP
-$1.50/2Q Dove Deoderant in 3/15RP
-$2.00/1Q Dove Visibly Smooth (in mail)
Caress Bar Soap: $5.49
-$1/1Q in 4/5UN
The Following are the Promo's listed by A Thrifty Mom.
When you buy 4 get it for $1.50 a box ( individual price $2.50)
Rice Krispies, Frosted mini wheat’s, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Pop tarts
Congra promo, spend $20 on participating items get back a $5 catalina
Healthy Choice All Natural entrees & Simple Selections $1.67 ( like paying $1.25 after catalina)
Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers and Complete Selections $2.50( like paying $1.88 after catalina)
Orville Redenbacher popcorn 3 pack $1.67 ( like paying $1.25 after catalina)
General Mills promo spend $10.00 get $4 off instantly Mix and Match over 250 items
For a list of participating items, with coupon matchups make sure to check out A Thrifty Mom!!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Unimportant Favorite Things:
I was recently tagged by Savvy Squirrel to list six unimportant things that make me happy. But before I start, here are the rules:
1. Mention the person who nominated you. Be sure to check out blog.
2. List six unimportant things that make you happy!
3. Tag six blogs and let them know with a small comment on their blog.
4. State the rules.
1. Butterflies: A small, fragile, yet incredibly majestic creature!
2. Coffee: Even though it doesn't give me a boost that others get... it's a comfort thing!
3. Handing over my Vons club card and coupons at the END of the transaction and watching the total drop! It's more of a visual impact thing...
4. My grape vine covered gazebo: it's bright green right now, and so serene looking. Plus every time I look at it I'm reminded of Jesus' words: For I am the vine..... beautiful!
5. Flip Flops: I wear them almost everyday, even in the rain! Much to my chiropractor's chagrin!
6. Vintage Emporium: A quaint, cozy little vintage store, where Julie, the owner, always puts a smile on my face! She is the kindest, friendliest woman, who remembers her customers by name, and always has little cookies on hand for the kids! Any gift coming from here makes me smile, and I can easily spend several hours just looking, and "wanting" everything she has! It is located on Orange/Wardlow in Long Beach, Ca.
Six Blogs I Love!
This was really hard to choose! There are SO many blogs out there I love! I tried to select some of my favorites from different categories... please don't be offended if you're not listed...
I hope you enjoy these blogs as I much as I do!!
Thanks again for the tag, and thanks to you for reading this!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
1) New Year’s Resolutions – low fat brands, healthy food and diet products
2) Super Bowl Party – snack food, soda, sandwich items
3) Storage items and organization products
4) Medicine – cold and pain relief, vitamins
5) White sales
6) Chili, soups, stews
· Dated items: calendars and planners
· Christmas and New Year’s party items
· Winter clothing, jackets, hats, boots
· Christmas baking products (sprinkles, cookie/candy molds, etc)
1) National Canned Food Month – special deals on canned goods
2) National Hot Breakfast Month
3) Valentines Day – candy
4) Chinese New Year – Chinese food products
· Leftover Christmas toys are discounted up to 75%
· Winter clothing
· 2/15 on: Valentines baking products (sprinkles, special packaging, etc)
1) Frozen food month
2) Spring cleaning items
3) Easter food items
4) Gardening supplies
5) National Peanut Month
6) March Madness – sports drinks, soda
· Frozen novelties are repackaged, old packaged products are reduced
1) Earth Day – organic and environmentally friendly items, energy savers
2) Easter items
3) Auto Maintenance
· Easter baking products (sprinkles, cookie/candy molds, etc)
1) Memorial Day – think barbeque and picnic products
2) Cinco De Mayo – Mexican food
3) Mother’s Day items
4) Auto Maintenance
1) National Dairy Month
2) July 4th promos begin – outdoor barbeque/picnic items
3) Camping supplies, sunscreen, insect repellant
1) July 4th promos continue – best prices on BBQ, picnic items
2) School supplies
· 4th of July baking products (sprinkles, cookie/candy molds, etc)
· Summer clothing
1) Back to School deals – lunch foods, school supplies, backpacks, lunchboxes, cereal, peanut butter and jelly
· BBQ equipment, charcoal,
· Insect repellant
1) Back to School deals continue
2) Tomato products – look for Ragu and Prego coupons and deals
3) Baby items
4) After Labor Day, best deals on BBQ and picnic supplies
· Gardening supplies
1) Halloween products
2) Baking season begins
3) Apples, pumpkins and related products
· Toy clearances make room for Christmas items
1) Thanksgiving dinner foods
2) Baking goods
3) Coffee, tea, cocoa
1) Holiday party food
2) Baking supplies
· Fall décor items 75%+ off
· Fall baking products (sprinkles, cookie/candy molds, etc)"
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subject to the terms and conditions of the coupon and instructions on Oprah.com, these coupons will be accepted by participating KFC restaurants in the U.S.
Please call 1-800-CALL-KFC.
Our Customer Service representatives will assist you and also take the information about your experience and follow up with the restaurant.
Get a list of participating locations.