Contact Albertsons to Bring Doublers to CA/NV!!
1-877-932-7948 EMAIL

Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Finished!

I am proud to say that the baby bumper I've been working on for Kaleb is finished! I'm so incredibly excited about that! For those of you who don't know, I've never sewn before. Until recently if anything needed mending, or a missing button put back on, Richard was the one to do it. I couldn't even knot thread!! Well those days are OVER! Not only did I finish the bumper, but I had to do so by hand, because the thickness was too much for my sewing machine to handle. This baby bedding project was at first a bit too much to handle, and incredibly frustrating, because the pattern was insanely hard to follow. Here's the completed bumper, (except for some basting stitches that still need to come out)

kaleb's bumper

Photobucket


Photobucket

It's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty darn good for my first sewing project ever!
Sewing has been such an enjoyable relaxing experience for me that I've started playing around with it and experimenting. Here's some of the other stuff I've been playing around with.

Here's my first attempt at embroidery... I found bags of craft buttons at the 99 cent store and they were really cute... so I just started playing around (with the plain jane buttons...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's my first project for one of the girls.... I made this tutu for Corinne, and she just loved it. It's still not 100% done. I need to add the ribbon to it, but she didn't want to wait, she had to wear it asap!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've been ridiculously crafty lately, and I've enjoyed every second of it! I never considered myself a creative person... until now. =oD

ShareThis