Contact Albertsons to Bring Doublers to CA/NV!!
1-877-932-7948 EMAIL

Friday, July 31, 2009

Unexpected Happenings...

Sorry for the silence! I haven't abandoned you all, I promise!

Remember how I told you about the Indian Meal Moths, and Mice living in my house? Well, thankfully they are being taken care of...

However, now I am the one in need of care.

You see, while throwing out B A G S of food infested with Meal Moths, I fell.

Hard.

Off of a step ladder.

While standing on the top step.

Yeah. It hurt. A lot! My husband came home to find me in a heap on the floor, crying my eyes out.

This was Tuesday night.

You see, I, having not been named Grace for a reason, lost my balance and fell of my step ladder. I landed on the ball of my right foot, and consequently twisted my ankle, pulled several muscles up my leg and into my back, tweaked my knee, and jammed my hip bone pretty badly.

Or so I thought.

I went to my chiropractor today, hoping he could relieve some of my pain, and twisted joints. He was able to work on everything except my hip. I related to him the story of what happened, and he did some diagnostic "tests" to see if I truly jammed my femur bone into my hip socket, or if I did something much worse. [I truly love this man! He's my miracle worker, and is so cautious!]

Let just say I failed his tests. Miserably! I was in SO much pain, I actually hit the poor man! [Sorry Doc!] Because of the circumstances of my fall, and the nature of my pain [we're talking SERIOUS pain! So much so in fact that any movement causes me to see sunbursts and mini explosions, as well as sending bolts of lightning through the inside of my leg bones!!] he sent me to get a Stat X-Ray.

He thinks I either broke my hip, or ruptured the blood vessel that supplies nutrients to the femur bone. Ya. Seriously. O. U. C. H.

Sadly, the radiologist did NOT get the "Stat" results back to him before the end of the day, and unless my Chiropractor makes a "special" 160 mile round trip to his office tomorrow, I'm afraid I won't know anything until Monday! Even then hopefully on Monday!

So, due to the intensity of the pain, the orders to stay OFF of my feet as much as possible, [with 4 children under the age of 7] the fact that the pain is much worse in the sitting position verses the prone postition, and the ridiculous amounts of Vicodin I must take merely to take the edge off... [1500mg 3x a day...]

I'm being FORCED to take a break. From blogging. From Couponing. From Frugal Deal Finding. From carrying my incredibly adorable 2 and 1 year old babies. From driving. From my life pretty much!

I don't know for how long, but please don't give up on me! I will be back as soon as I'm able!

On the bright side I will be able to stay in bed and JUSTIFY it!

Although I will be planning out our lessons for this upcoming school year.
And probably losing handfuls of hair while I'm at it.

So in a nutshell this has been a HORRIBLE week, but I find comfort in the strength, and the peace of my Lord Jesus Christ!!

ShareThis