Contact Albertsons to Bring Doublers to CA/NV!!
1-877-932-7948 EMAIL

Sunday, September 21, 2008

11 Years Ago Today... (June 28, 2008)

Besides today being my little brother's 24th birthday, this day is particularly special to Richard and I.

11 years ago today Richard and I met. I was 14, and he was 15. It was a hot summer day and we were both at 6 flags magic mtn. with our families. We first saw each other while waiting in line to go on the big foot rapids ride. He was a ways behind me, but that didn't stop us from flirting in line. And flirt we did! The entire time we were in line! Then I went on the ride, and when I got off he was getting ready to go on. I had enough nerve to say hi when I got off, so I did. With a goofy smile I'm sure..... The entire time he was on the ride he was kicking himself in the butt for not jumping out of line (since he was all by his lonesome) to 'meet' me. By the time he got off of the ride I was long gone, and he literally spent the rest of the afternoon searching all over six flags for me. To both of our amazement he did find me! (Actually I saw him walking by when I came out of a candy store, and I made it a point to walk directly INTO his path, and that's how he 'found' me.) We started talking, and all I remember was him being very tall, and cute. I was so nervous, as I'm sure he was too! He introduced himself to my parents, and ended up hanging out with me and my family the rest of the day. When it was time for Richard to leave he asked for my address instead of phone number and gave me his. Two days later I received my first letter from him, and we we exchanged letters for the next couple of years. It's funny. He must have had a premonition, because in the 2nd letter I received from Richard he asked if I would marry him...jokingly. It was phrased more like this, 'Will you marry me... j/k =oP' I was a little weirded out, but my mom then told me that I would probably end up marrying him one day. I laughed! Shortly after the day we met, we got together at Disneyland, and also had our 'first' date at Ports 'O' call in San Pedro. (accompanied by our parents of course...) Oh, and we also went to an Angels game. We were just friends most of the time, and maybe shared one kiss between us until we started dating in 2004. We would've dated while he was in college, but it was not meant to be. I got married shortly after he started college, and he started dating his college girlfriend. But fortunately for us neither one of our relationships worked out, and we finally started dating after 7 years of friendship. Now, 11 years later, we are incredibly happy, will soon celebrate our 3rd year of marriage, and have 4 wonderful and beautiful children!!

I was just sitting here smiling, reminiscing about the day we met. This same day 11 years ago. What a lifetime ago!! I think I'm going to go dig out all of those letters he wrote me back then...

ShareThis