Contact Albertsons to Bring Doublers to CA/NV!!
1-877-932-7948 EMAIL

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I can be neurotic, here's the proof. (July 9, 2008)

I'm being bad right now. It's 8pm and I should be in bed, going to sleep, but I'm not. Instead I'm perusing friends myspace photos, listening to their song choices, reading their blogs, listening to one of my all time favorite artists, and just thinking about a big task that has been put before me. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love tobyMac? I honestly can't think of a song that I don't like of his, and the best thing is we share the same passion for Christ!) ~Like I said, I'm thinking randomly...~

I really should be getting to bed, I'll be dragging myself out of it at 3:40 in the morning to show up at Starbucks, expected to be awake, energized, and peppy. Is that even possible at that unsavory hour? I think not, but I do try hard. It's only by the grace of God, that I get up! Well, by the grace of God, and my amazing hubby who sets the alarm on HIS phone then wakes me up when it goes off, since he knows that I will sleep through it if left on my own. (When did I become such a heavy sleeper? I used to be such a light sleeper. A mommy sleeper. The kind of sleeper that would wake up when the babies moved in their cribs in the other room! Perhaps it was when Richard started getting up with the babies in the middle of the night and early morning. Like I said. He's AMAZING!)

On another note... Have you ever desired to do something so strongly, that when it comes to fruition you freeze? I'm sure there's someone out there who knows what I'm talking about. Well that's happened to me. I've wanted to be able to do something for so long now, and it's finally coming to fruition. Now that it's coming I don't know how to even START going about doing it! I know God will guide me... thankfully! If left to my own devices I'd screw it up for sure!

~Sorry, jumping ship again~

I just wanted to say that Richard is amazing. Poor guy. He has to be to put up with me!! Yesterday I decided that I wanted to rearrange (for the gazillionth time) the kids' rooms. He was a good sport about it. He did all the heavy moving, and I did all the organizing. I guess I'm pretty neurotic, though you'd never be able to tell walking into this place! We completely rearranged the kids' rooms in like 5 hours yesterday. Possibly a world record! (For us anyway.)

Also, Megan YOU ARE AMAZING! I don't know why it took us so long to come to the place we are at now, but I thank God everyday that he brought us this close! God's timing is remarkable, and I would seriously be lost without a friend like you! You are a constant source of encouragement, accountability, strength, inspiration, and relief! If there ever was a female version of David and Jonathon's friendship I think we'd be it! You're my kindred spirit for sure! Richard's my soul mate, you're my kindred spirit! And to think, we get to spend eternity together in heaven!

Last musing... promise!

I went out to dinner tonight just me and the boys. Normally I wouldn't, especially with being on a tight budget, but I was just too exhausted to cook, or to try and cook for Kai (with all his allergies-poor baby) So we went to my favorite mexican place. (Baja Sonora yummm) It must be quite a sight to see me walking into a restaurant with Kaleb in the sleepy wrap, a diaper bag over one shoulder, and Kai dangling from my other arm. Dangling, because he refuses to cooperate ever! We're already in the midst of the terrible two's with this child! I get so many different looks from people... and tonight was no exception. People always smile and are for the most part polite. Almost always people make the comment, "Wow! You've got your hands full!" I love to shock them with, "Oh this is nothing, you should see it when I have all FOUR of the kids!" Almost always their jaws drop, FOUR KIDS!? YUP! =o) I love to see people's reactions! It's a mini thrill. Anyway, back to my little musing. When I'm in a restaurant people are polite, but you can almost see them cringing and looking for another table when I sit next to them with the kids. Especially the two boys. So tonight was no different. (Admittedly at times, I cringe when I think about eating out with the kids. I personally HATE IT when parents refuse to discipline their children, and then take the little undisciplined heathens out in public, for the rest of us to suffer along!) But I'm proud to say that Kai and Kaleb were both fantastic! (And almost always are when out in public. Home's another story though.......) Kai sat through the entire dinner without whining, screaming, crying, or a tantrum. People took notice of us. Not only because of the sleepy wrap that in itself get a lot of attention, but because I assume they were expecting a little brat to be sitting next to them. He was his happy little content self eating carnitas, black beans, and green rice, and drinking ALL of my ice tea. I got several comments tonight, and I left feeling pretty confident as a mommy. You see, spanking is the best form of discipline, until their at such an age to be able to discuss and teach them (usually around 11 or 12 years old...) If you don't believe me, I now have three living proofs (eventually 4). (And in case you think the spanking has nothing to do with it, you should see my girls in the presence of their dad Vince, and their stepmom. They are not the children I know! They are those little undisciplined heathens afore mentioned!!!)

Good night y'all.
Love y'all!!

ShareThis